Our goal is to welcome all guests to The Inn at Bay Ledge so they may experience the magic of Acadia National Park.
Review Our Accessibility Statement
The Inn at Bay Ledge, a waterfront Inn located in Bar Harbor, Maine, strives to provide all guests with a comfortable and inclusive experience. While it is important to note that our early 1900s Inn is not currently fully wheelchair accessible, we are committed to ongoing efforts to improve accessibility for all.
The Inn at Bay Ledge presents the following physical barriers that may impact accessibility:
- Entrances: Each entrance to the building requires navigating at least two steps, as stairs lead to every entry.
- Interior Structure: The Inn’s internal structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate wheelchair access.
- Guest Bathrooms: None of the guest bathrooms are ADA-compliant, as they feature shower/tub combinations or small step-in showers.
- Breakfast Room: Accessing the breakfast room from the commons area involves descending one step.
- Parking: While the Inn provides a parking lot on the side of the building, entering through either the front or side entrance requires navigating steps.
We recognize that these physical barriers present challenges for guests with mobility needs. Rest assured, we are actively improving our accessibility features to create a more inclusive environment for all visitors.
At The Inn at Bay Ledge, we are committed to ensuring that all guests can enjoy their stay with us. While our property may have some limitations, we have taken significant steps to remove barriers where possible, particularly for individuals with limited mobility who do not require the use of a wheelchair.
We are pleased to offer the following accessible accommodations:
- We have three rooms located on the first floor in the main building. Please note that entrance to these rooms requires navigating at least three steps. These rooms include:
Room 4: This room features a queen bed, shower/tub combination, and a sitting area with views of the Bay.
Room 5: This room features a queen bed, a walk-in shower, and a sitting area with views of the Bay.
Room 6: This room features a queen bed, a shower/tub combination, and a sitting area with views of the Bay.
- We provide a convenient circle drive in front of the Inn for unloading luggage. However, please be aware that entrance to the Inn requires navigating steps.
- At the time of booking, guests will have an opportunity to make us aware of any dietary restrictions they may have. While we are not an allergen-free facility, we strive to provide a meal that all guests can enjoy daily. Please let us know in advance so that we can ensure a delightful dining experience for you.
We are committed to ensuring that our property is accessible to all individuals, regardless of their physical abilities. As part of our efforts to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), we have implemented the following practices:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make accommodation reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as those without disabilities. Our goal is to provide equal access and convenience for all guests.
- We have identified and described the features and physical barriers of our guest rooms and cottages in sufficient detail. These descriptions enable individuals with disabilities to determine whether a particular accommodation meets their accessibility needs independently.
- Once a guest room is reserved, we guarantee the room will be held for the reserving customer and removed from all reservation systems.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be granted access to all areas of the Inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
We are committed to continuously improving our accessibility measures and providing an inclusive experience for all guests. If you have specific accommodation needs or require further assistance, please contact us at 207-288-4204. Our dedicated team will happily assist you in selecting the best guest room to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
We are dedicated to ensuring that our website is accessible and usable for all individuals, including those with disabilities. To achieve this goal, we are actively working to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or any other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our website will undergo regular testing using assistive technology to assess and improve its accessibility.
While we strive for accessibility excellence, our efforts are ongoing. If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions or concerns regarding the accessibility of our website, we encourage you to reach out to us. You can contact us via email or call us at the email and phone number below: