If you have stayed with us before you hopefully noticed our attention to detail & cleanliness no matter the year. While we are confident in our cleanliness the suggested practices surrounding COVID-19 are ever-changing. This can feel overwhelming when you are planning a trip and make it hard to know what to expect from establishments or even what to ask. Staying healthy while you travel is high in everyone’s mind, including ours. We devote a lot of time to staying up-to-date on State Guidelines and suggested cleaning & safety practices to make sure we are putting ourselves and our guests in the best position possible for an enjoyable, healthy and relaxing stay. We would like to share an overview of our philosophy and current procedures to help you in your determination of visiting us and to know what to expect when you stay with us
Our Goals for the Inn
Our goals have always included having outstanding service, cleanliness, and style. We take great pride in always striving to make guests feel comfortable and welcome in a beautiful and healthy setting. Many of our customary cleaning measures meet the suggestions set for the hospitality industry in Maine to help slow the spread and stay healthy. Some things you may be interested to know that are our common practice:
- We clean and vacuum all common areas daily.
- We launder all items in our industrial high-temperature laundry system.
- ALL bedding is stripped from our guest room and laundered after check-out
- this includes all pillows, blankets, sheets and decorative covers and throw pillows
- Each room has all surfaces, doors, and windows cleaned and disinfected
- All bathroom towels, rugs, and shower liners are replaced between guests
Adjustments & Additional Measures
Beyond wearing masks, having sanitizer being available throughout the Inn and monitoring our staff & guest for symptoms:
- Our staff takes Covid-Readiness courses and continually reviews industry updates and available webinars encouraged by Hospitality Maine and the CDC.
- All common area high-touch surfaces (handrails, light switches, doorknobs, remotes, handles, etc.)are disinfected multiple times a day.
- All breakfast tables are a min. of 6 feet apart, or we can accommodate guests setting your table at a specific time during breakfast
- Breakfast is served to you at your table,
- Tables and chairs are cleaned and disinfected between use.
- The porch and pool area are regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Check-in and check-out times allow for adequate time to properly clean and disinfect within the suggested guidelines from the state.
- Look around your room when you arrive… whatever you are looking at we likely cleaned and disinfected!
The Ever-Changing Environment
As with all things right now our procedure adjusts to new information and guidance sometimes daily, so please think of this information as an evolving overview. We hope this information helps to answer some questions you may have and brings a level comfort to you. If you need a little more guidance please do not hesitate to Contact
us, we would love to hear from you. Besides being our livelihood this beautiful property is also our life. We love meeting you and helping you to create lasting memories that you carry with you.
May we all come through this experience with more knowledge, more appreciation for the beautiful moments, and more of a priority on the special vacations and weekend escapes that we work so hard to earn.
-Jeani and Jack